Thomas A. Crabb
Tom Crabb practices corporate law and commercial litigation, primarily for clients in regulated industries including insurance, utilities, and health care. Tom is a member of the Radey Law Firm Board of Directors.
When litigation is required to enforce or defend the rights of his clients, Tom has experience in all phases of civil litigation from initial pleadings through discovery, mediation, trial, and appeal. His litigation experience includes class action defense. Tom has represented clients in state and federal court and before the Division of Administrative Hearings, Florida Office of Insurance Regulation, and other agencies of the State of Florida.
Tom has experience in many aspects of corporate operation within regulated industries. He has advised and assisted companies on matters ranging from formation, acquisitions and ratemaking, to employment, privacy, and other daily operational concerns. Representing only employers, Tom has defended both private and public sector entities against claims brought under federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws.
At the Florida State University College of Law, Tom graduated in the top five percent of his class, wrote the highest-scoring appellate brief of all first-year students, received numerous book awards, was inducted into the Order of the Coif, and was a member of the College of Law Moot Court Team.
Before going to law school, Tom owned an office equipment dealership in Clearwater, Florida, an experience that gives him a real world perspective on the opportunities and challenges companies face in doing business in Florida. Tom is an active member of the Tallahassee community and an avid golfer.
- Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude, Florida State University College of Law, 2006
- Bachelor of Science, Cum Laude, University of South Florida, 2003
- College of Business Administration – Finance Major
- Beta Gamma Sigma National Business Honor Society
- Radey Law Firm, Associate, 2006 – 2012
- Radey Law Firm, Shareholder, 2013 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar, 2006
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida, 2007
- Society of Financial Examiners (Institutional Member), 2008
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2011
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2012
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2013
Recent Community Involvement
- Florida State University School of Theatre Patrons Association, Member, Board of Directors 2015 – Present
Recent Publications and Presentations
- “Monitoring of PHP Participants: Best Practices to Help Avoid Difficulties,” Federation of State Physician Health Programs Annual Education Conference, Fort Worth, Texas, April, 2017
- “Legal Risk Management,” National Organization of Alternative Programs 2017 Annual Education Conference, San Antonio, Texas, March, 2017
- “Legal Risk Management of Physician Health Programs,” Federation of State Physician Health Programs Annual Conference, San Diego, California, April 2016
- “PRN: A Resource For Impaired Practitioners,” Florida Bar Health Law Section Newsletter, Fall 2015
- “The Confidentiality of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Patient Records Regulations: Recent Developments and Interaction with the HIPAA Privacy Rule,” Professionals Resource Network, Inc. Fall Meeting, Amelia Island, Florida 2013