Marion “Drew” Parker
Drew Parker practices in the areas of administrative and governmental law, government contracting and procurement, and civil and administrative litigation.
Drew most recently served as General Counsel to the Department of Financial Services and CFO Jeff Atwater. As DFS’ General Counsel, Drew supervised over 350 employees in the Office of the General Counsel, Division of Risk Management, Division of Rehabilitation and Liquidation, and the DFS Division of Administration. Drew began his legal career in 2003 as Assistant General Counsel to the DFS’ Division of Accounting and Auditing.
He served as General Counsel to the Florida Department of Children and Families from 2011-2014 where he oversaw 38 attorneys working in 16 offices located throughout the state. At that time, DCF had nearly 13,000 employees and an annual budget of $3 billion. Drew was responsible for providing legal advice to the Secretary and Executive Management on contracts, procurements, litigation, risk prevention, statutory interpretation, and human resource issues.
During his four years in private practice, Drew concentrated on administrative law and civil litigation during which time he represented both public and private clients in matters ranging from eminent domain proceedings to civil rights violations to simple torts and general land use matters.
Drew obtained his undergraduate and law degrees from Florida State University. He also holds a Master of Divinity with Biblical Languages degree from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and a Master of Arts in Theology from the University of Notre Dame.
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, FL, J.D., 2003
- University of Notre Dame, South Bend, IN, Master of Arts in Theology, 2000
- Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, TX, Master of Divinity with Biblical Languages, 1998
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, B.S., Political Science, 1995
- Radey Law Firm, Shareholder, 2019 – Present
- Radey Law Firm, Of Counsel, 2017-2018
- Florida Department of Financial Services, General Counsel, 2014-2017
- Florida Department of Children and Families, General Counsel, 2011-2014
- Ard, Shirley & Rudolph, P.A., Associate, 2007-2011
- Florida Department of Financial Services, Senior Attorney, 2004-2007
- Florida Department of Financial Services, Attorney, 2003-2004
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit