Health care regulation is one of the most dynamic, complex areas of law, spawning multi-faceted problems that our experienced practitioners solve for our clients. From working with state and federal regulatory agencies to resolve licensure, certification, reimbursement, and investigation matters before they turn into litigation, to tackling complicated administrative, state, and federal litigation, our lawyers have substantial experience across a wide spectrum of health care-related areas.
Our health care clients include physician groups and practices, hospitals, hospital systems, trauma centers, skilled nursing facilities, continuing care retirement centers, regulated professionals, medical supply and equipment companies, and emergency medical services providers. Our substantial health care experience includes the following areas:
- Health care facility licensure and certificate of need regulation
- Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement disputes
- Health care facility survey disputes
- State and federal investigations
- Health care fraud and false claims litigation
- Medical staff disciplinary and privileges proceedings
- Health care antitrust litigation
- Pharmacy regulation
- Professional board licensure and disciplinary proceedings
Representative health care clients include Tampa General Hospital, Lifepoint Hospitals, Inc., Tallahassee Community Hospital, American Retirement Corporation, The Inn at Sarasota Bay Club, and Lifeguard Air Ambulance, Inc. and two large physician group practices in Tallahassee.